Wednesday 14 August 2013

New Job

I sent the final signed contract today and in about a month's time I will be starting my new job as Data Analyst at Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group. I'm super excited!

A short summary for those who are interested: Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group owns, among others, Radisson Blu and Park Inn hotels across the world. I will be working for the Nordic team with data and optimization. What more could a mathematician wish for!


I will not be saying any more other than I have been finding some very interesting articles concerning the subject I will be working with. I think it is soon time for me to head over to the university library to find some dissertations...and also start brushing up on my favourite subject...non-linear optimization.

6 comments:

  1. congrats on the new job. it sound like the perfect fit for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) I can't wait to get started :-D

      Delete
  2. It sounds amazing! I am very proud of you. Kevin said 'visualising' the kind of data analysis you'll be doing is his dream job. No idea what he's talking about but I do get this job is what you have been waiting for xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what he means, would be awesome to be able to incorporate some good visual tools to the data analysis, it really helps when presenting it to the rest of the company and giving a deeper understanding to what is trying to be presented. Most is done manually and requires that the analysts have good creativity skills.

      Hans Rosling has come some way when it comes to "visualising" statistics, one of his TED talks:
      http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen.html

      But also Wolfram Alpha (www.wolframalpha.com) if you type "Facebook report" have been working hard on trying to present data in a better way.

      Delete
  3. Happy New job hope you get on famously love you

    ReplyDelete