Saturday 13 April 2013

Fear

Fear is such a powerful emotion. It can spur or cripple depending in what way it arises.
Fear of doing something wrong
 I will be going to a Turkish wedding/henna party this evening. I am quite nervous as I have never been to one before, I hardly know the person who invited me, and I do not know what to expect.So I am naturally thinking up all kinds of excuses so I don't have to go.

And this is the stupid part. Since I moved to Stockholm I've been looking for situations to where I can do new things. Meet people outside the usual group of people that I hang out with. Get to experience another side of Stockholm then the one I see bustling around me on the subway. And my fear is crippling me because this should be a time to feel excitement.

Thankfully I'm not going alone. And my fear of letting down the other person who is going is bigger than my fear of going.
To live with fear

No comments:

Post a Comment