Sunday 14 April 2013

Starting a company

My husband and I have long been discussing whether we should start a company together. It was a subject we broached a couple of years back and we recently came up with an idea that we both believe we would like to work with. This being said it has not been a top priority for either of us and is something we mainly play with on our free time.

comic from xkcd.com
 I have spent the afternoon reading up about how to register a company here in Sweden and I cannot say I felt it was very straight forward. My research has lead me to understand that for me to get a company of the type Handelsbolag (partnership company) started I have to do the following things and in this order:
  1. Register the company at the governmental department Bolagsverket. This can be either done electronically using e-legitimation, which costs 900 SEK or filling a form and sending it which costs 1 200 SEK. The form can be found here. Registering electronically requires all partners to have e-legitimation.
  2. Once an organisation number has been received from Bolagsverket a registration to Skatteverket can be done.to get an approval for F-skatt, which proves that the company takes care of taxes and any social expenses that might occur. The registration includes a placement of the company in what type of business the company does (SNI -codes), which partners are in the company, whether the company will be employing people, registering for VAT and a calculation of preliminary tax for the firm.
  3. Once the company is registered and generating income, I, as one of the partners in the company need to register for a "särskild A-skatt (SA-skatt).
I have now spent more time than I thought on this subject so now I'm off to do something more fun, like play Civilization V :-)
Going to play Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment