Sunday 19 October 2014

Alumni Mingle

On Tuesday I will be going to LiU's yearly alumni mingle together with Matte. I went last year and got to see the dancing robots which LiU's first year computer students get to program (so cute!).

Picture from LiU Alumni Facebook Page
Picture from LiU Alumni Blog
The students get to program these robots to play football to get a practical understanding of how their programming becomes reality. The presenters were two students, one studying Computer Science and the other studying Cognitive Science. Hearing these two speak together was very interesting as they were talking about the same subject from different perspectives.

This year's presentation is going to be about "Myths about career" and I'm really looking forward to this as it being a great opportunity to meet new people, hear where they have ended up and their challenges along the way.

After last years mingle I wrote a blog post about my current job and it was fun going back reading what I wrote back then. The blog post only had a link and not the actual picture so here is the picture now as Halloween draws closer. I want to also take a moment to say, once again, that Snider's drawings are great and if you have a moment to look through his blog you will not be disappointed!
Grant Snider -Axes of Evil
By Grant Snider - Incidental Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment