Tuesday 12 November 2013

Not thinking of your target

2014-08-12 Update: This whole post seems to have disappeared completely which has meant that I am reposting it now.

Many of my colleagues have moved to Sweden for this job so a lot of our talk at work has been about how Sweden handles immigration and the bureaucracy around it. Now this gave us all a laugh today. Tapping my shoulder, T ask's me if I can translate a letter he has received from the Migration department. 

Now read the above sentence again. I had to translate. A letter from the migration department. Who was sending a letter to a person they know isn't Swedish. And know that they haven't stayed in Sweden longer than 2 months.

In short, the message the Swedish Migration Department want to give all immigrants is:
"Welcome to Sweden. We don't give a s**** if you are from another country, you have to know Swedish if you wanted to live in Sweden. But as we can't write that as our law we'll just make it hard for everyone who doesn't know Swedish."

Below is the letter he received:

No comments:

Post a Comment