Thursday 18 April 2013

Farmor - an outstanding woman

My Farmor (mother of my father) is an outstanding woman. A couple of years ago, a documentary was made about the role of the mother in the family and in society and Farmor was interviewed as a part of this documentary. The attached film clip is in Turkish and the interview with Farmor starts around 4 min and 30 sec in to video.




My Farmor is from a poor background and started working when she was 15 years old. The interview gives a lovely insight in what it was like when she was little and also how she had her hands full with all her 13 children.

Even now when she has recently turned 90, she spends a lot of her time working with Erikshjälpen, a  relief organisations with it's roots in Småland, Sweden. She regularly bakes buns and bread and donates it to their cause.

For those of you who would want a translation of the interview, contact me and I do my best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment